+27 82 887 4717
- Order within
Butternut squash is an orange-fleshed winter squash, celebrated for its versatility and sweet, nutty flavor.
It has many culinary uses and makes a great addition to many sweet and savory recipes.
Butternut squash is not only tasty but also packs a punch of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants.
One cup (205 grams) of cooked butternut squash provides (1Trusted Source):
- Calories: 82
- Carbs: 22 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Vitamin A: 457% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
- Vitamin C: 52% of the RDI
- Vitamin E: 13% of the RDI
- Thiamine (B1): 10% of the RDI
- Niacin (B3): 10% of the RDI
- Pyridoxine (B6): 13% of the RDI
- Folate (B9): 10% of the RDI
- Magnesium: 15% of the RDI
- Potassium: 17% of the RDI
- Manganese: 18% of the RDI
As you can see, butternut squash is low in calories but loaded with important nutrients.
Aside from the vitamins and minerals listed above, it’s also a good source of calcium, iron, phosphorus, and copper.
Cape Town and surrounding areas
We have super fast fresh deliveries daily!
If you live within the Cape Town and surrounding areas we'll get you your fresh veg within 1-2 business day delivery.
We are working hard at expanding and will be available in other regions of the Western Cape.
Please sign up to our mailing list for updates.
Deliveries are not available on weekends and public holidays.
Marina da Gama,