+27 82 887 4717
Lovage in 15cm pot
- Order within
Lovage, an Uncommon Herb with Many Uses:
What’s not to love about lovage? The entire plant is edible, from root to tip, and it has a bright, fresh flavor that tastes a bit like citrusy celery. It’s also hardy, fuss-free, and reseeds readily without becoming invasive.
It doesn’t just make for good eating, either.
The dark green, frilly leaves make an impressive showing in the garden on plants that can reach six feet tall at maturity. The bright yellow flowers are marvelously fragrant in July.
A flavoursome useful plant that gives a very pleasant taste to the palate if a few crushed leaves are added to Whisky! A yeasty celery aroma arises which is quite delightful. Lovage also makes a pleasant cordial.
It is a member of the carrot family.
- Umbels of yellow flowers July - August.
- Reaches 1.2m - 2m tall.
- Likes deep, rich soil but will tolerate stony soil.
- Prefers some shade.
- Not suitable for growing indoors.
- Dies back completely in Winter. Cut back as it will regrow in spring
- Culinary Uses.
- Stems can be used as you would celery with cheese, in soups, stews or as a roast vegetable to accompany the Sunday joint.
- Good in salad and cream cheese.
- Stems can be candied.
- Used to make liquers.
Cape Town and surrounding areas
We have super fast fresh deliveries daily!
If you live within the Cape Town and surrounding areas we'll get you your fresh veg within 1-2 business day delivery.
We are working hard at expanding and will be available in other regions of the Western Cape.
Please sign up to our mailing list for updates.
Deliveries are not available on weekends and public holidays.
Marina da Gama,